20 Proven Product Detail Page Elements To Double Ecommerce Marketplace Conversions
Product detail pages play an important role in making your customers take the ultimate decision on whether to buy or not. It is very important that you always keep your detail pages up to the standards such that you can increase the conversion rate. The following features have been found to have great influence in highly successful sites.
1. Breadcrumb navigation: Breadcrumb navigation help users in navigating the pages easily, especially when users reach a product detail page directly from search engine listings. Additionally, breadcrumbs present an SEO opportunity to make your site more search engine friendly.
2. Product name: Search engines love product names which are informative in nature. Name your products in a fashion which are more probable to be searched in your site and search engine. Including scheme tags in product names will help search engines to recognise your product name as a product rather than just a tittle in a page.
3. Product image: A good product image should give your customers an exact feel of how the product you are offering would look like. A convincing image increases the chances of conversion.
4. Image gallery: The image gallery should enable user to easily navigate between the images. It would be ideal to have a magnifier which allows users to view the details.
5. Product videos: Successful sites have been using product videos to entice customers into purchasing the product. Product videos can be a video which demonstrates the functionality of the product, product review, 3600 view of the product etc.
6. Product reviews: Product reviews are an important part of any ecommerce site it not only gives credibility to your site or products in it but also provides user generated contents which engages customers and gives you more SEO strength.
7. Write review: Due to the huge importance of product reviews it is always wise to tempt your customers to write reviews. Reward your customers with a badge or offer as a return gift for the reviews they write in your portal.
8. Review ratings: Recently sites have been successfully using ratings for reviews. This feature prioritises the positioning of reviews among the list. The feature not only give your customers an opportunity to view the most relevant review first but also attract users in writing quality reviews.
9. Add to wish list: Wish list allows any customer to store any particular item in his/her account which he/she may buy later by returning to the E-commerce website. This saves valuable time, because the person doesn’t have to search for the product next time he visits the website. This gives you an ideal opportunity to use your ecommerce platform to send personalised offers to close the sale. Wish list analytics can also be used to understand consumer demand for a product.
ALSO READ E-BOOK: How to structure your ecommerce team- Secrets of Ecommerce
10. Add to compare: Comparison functionality is indispensable if you offer multiple products which are used for similar purpose. Comparison tables must describe all main features of products but it is vital that it also highlight the differences between these products to allow the user to understand offerings and choose the most appropriate one. Always try to provide relevant features else rather than helping the customer the same feature will confuse them.
11. Product description: Need of a relevant and accurate product description needs no further explanation. Description should provide information on specifications of the product and help customers understand why they should be buying that product. Product description should be presented in a way which will make it easy for your customer to view the most relevant information easily. The product description also helps with SEO.
12. Customer confidence elements: Displaying elements like certificate of genuinity or details of warranty are great ways to build customer confidence and enhance their trust.
13. Product choice: Providing your customers with ability to customise products by allowing them to choose their colour, size etc. are great ways to convert customers. The options should be provided in product detail page in a way it is easy for them to understand and choose.
14. Promotions: Factors which can lure your customers into purchasing the products should be placed in appropriate places in appropriate fashion e.g. EMI and Free Shipping should be kept near the price of the product.
15. Delivery time and availability: Successful ecommerce platforms had been increasingly found to using this functionality to earn customer credibility and trust. The customers just needs to enter their delivery pin code and the system will calculate the estimates time of delivery based on the location of merchant’s warehouse.
16. Product repository: Product repository or buy box can be a useful tool in helping customers identify the best offer provided by merchants in your ecommerce marketplace.
17. Dealer rating and reviews: Ratings and reviews helps customers in your multi vendor ecommerce platform to choose the ideal deal dealer. They also provokes dealers to provide efficient service to your customers.
18. Add to Cart and Buy Now buttons: Why your ecommerce marketplace needs both these buttons are because they are both meant to target different customers. ‘Add to cart’ is for customers who are in your site for purchasing multiple items where as “Buy Now” is generating a sense of urgency in customers who are in your site for purchasing a particular product only. Apart from these, size, colour and position of these buttons also play a major role in increasing conversions.
19. Product recommendations: Product recommendations have always been there in the art of sales in the form of upselling or cross-selling. Your ecommerce marketplace should be capable of recommending the right product to the right customer based on his/her previous purchase or browsing behaviour.
20. Social media: Having social media buttons ready to get your site’s content shared across multiple channels needs no further explanation. This has been one of the most successful means to bring both traffic and sale to your e commerce platform. However having these buttons placed at the right places matters a lot.
Hope you liked the blog, feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions in the comments section . Thank You